God's Faithful History Through and With Hilltop:

1868 The First Evangelical Church of Mankato was organized
1872 A frame church building was erected at the corner of North Second & Elm Streets
1919 The congregation relocated to the corner of Fourth and LaFayette Streets. Rev. W.H. Werner guided the members in building a new church & parsonage
1964 Land was purchased in the Hilltop area
1966 Parsonage was completed at 104 South Manitou Drive
1968 Congregation joined with the Methodist Episcopal Church and changed its name to Hilltop United Methodist Church
1969 Groundbreaking ceremony held for the new church structure
1970 First worship service held in the Hilltop sanctuary on Jan. 11
1977 Education classrooms were added
1981 Eagle Lake congregation discontinues, and joined with Hilltop UMC
1991 Ground broken for the current sanctuary
2003 Zion UMC of St. Clair discontinue and many joined Hilltop UMC
2008 Hilltop expands parking lot
2009 Hilltop adopts new mission To Invite All To Celebrate God (UPWARD), Grow in Christ (INWARD), and Serve Others (OUTWARD).

 

108 S. Manitou Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
507-387-3877

© 2017 Hilltop United Methodist Church. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Webicine, Inc.